Google
 

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Autism Awareness on CNN.com


CNN is doing a month-long special on Autism for the month of April. They will feature stories of families who are dealing with autism and updates about the fight for this disorder. I am glad that they are doing this to promote autism awareness. I think that a lot of people need to learn about what it is and understand what families like mine are going through...CNN on TV will also talk about autism all day long tomorrow, April 2.


Now that there are more people involved in the fight for autism, I believe that we are at least finally getting somewhere. This story about the mom who was able to pass a law to make insurance companies pay for autism services in her home state is very promising. I know that someday, more services will be available to help parents out there who find themselves facing a diagnosis of autism for their kids. Hopefully soon, we will be able to figure out what is causing this epidemic which is affects 1 in every 125 children and put an end to it. I know I don't have that many readers, but for those of you who stumble upon this blog, I am hoping that I am helping in my own little way, to raise awareness for autism through this. I believe that if everyone helped in every little way they can, there is hope for children like Julianna to be able to live a life where autism no longer exists...

No comments: