Google
 

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Blogging 101

I am going to attempt keeping a blog updated while working 40 hours a week, keeping a household running smoothly, still have time for my daughter and husband, and keep my sanity while doing so. You think that is possible? I am not sure either. I had always thought about keeping a blog to share our family adventures with relatives and friends who live far away from us. I have so far been able to share pictures through friendster, but I think something like a photoblog would be better. I will try my very best to keep this blog up to date, but if I couldn't, then you know the reason why...

I do hope though that anyone who reads this blog will enjoy and be inspired by the many adventures of my family. We are just your average American family after all, but we hope that the experiences we share will entertain as well as inspire faithful readers.

I am going to apologize ahead of time, English is not my first language, and I am not a gifted writer as well. Let me start with a brief introduction of my family. For 6 years, I have been blessed to have been married to Jeff. He is a wonderful person, computer geek, little bit of a nerd, but has proven himself to be a great husband and dad. He and I are not perfect, but just as love would have it, we are both just right for each other.


We have a beautiful 5 year old daughter, Julianna. She is what we live for. She keeps us busy and brings purpose to our lives. Julianna was diagnosed with PDD-NOS at the age of 18 months. PDD-NOS means Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. She is on the milder end of the autism spectrum. Julianna did not start talking until she was 2 and a half years old. She is a gifted child. She started reading the same time she started talking. Her diagnosis has made our lives a lot interesting. Thanks to family and friends, Julianna has made tremendous progress we never thought she would be able to achieve. She is so high-functioning a lot of people really can't tell she has autism. I think it also has helped that we didn't think of her autism as a disability, but as a challenge we needed to overcome.





I am your typical mommy, paranoid and such...born and raised in the Philippines. I work as a genetic technologist for the Molecular ID Lab at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center here in Nashville, Tennessee. Jeff and I actually work for the same hospital. Makes it more convenient because we carpool to work...saves us a lot of money on gas. I love surfing the net; watching movies with Jeff, especially my chick flicks and sappy old movies and animated movies with Julianna (she loves all the Pixar movies)...I can't live without my iPhone! I don't care about all the bad reviews it's been getting. I love all it's features. Sometimes I wish AT&T's EDGE was a little bit faster, but that really isn't the iPhone's fault. I enjoy listening to my music on it (sappy love songs, ever heard of Il Divo? I love them!) and having the internet on my fingertips is a big plus for me because I am always surfing the net.


Well, this shall be all for now, I will be posting more entries soon. Stay tuned!

No comments: